1. On a mountain hilltop Spanish island Gastelugache is an exceptionally beautiful and picturesque staircase of 237 steps. It was built in the tenth century and led to the old hermit’s hut. To fully enjoy the beauty of these places is best to come here in the spring or autumn. In the summer there is usually very crowded and noisy.
2. “Mount Buren.” This title is a staircase built in 1881 in Liege. With the help of her military guarding the city from attacks by the enemy, could safely go down the hill in the center. Stairs perfectly preserved to this day. To those who will master all 374 steps, a splendid view of the city and the river Maas.
3. Spiral staircase height 95.1 meters installed in China along the mountainside Tyayhan in Linchzhou. Walk the stairs, of course, will appeal to all lovers of “tickle nerves” and novice climbers. But before starting the descent to fill a number of forms and documents that will confirm that you do not yet sixty, and you do not have problems with the heart or lungs. This is done for security and avoid health problems.
4. Japanese Memorial Greater Hanshin – is a garden with an unusual and complex landscape design. It was set up on the hillside of the island of Awaji and has a height of one hundred levels. At each level there is a beautiful flower bed and stairs.
5. Fort de Ruver was built in the seventeenth century. For protection from the enemy trench dug around it, which is only partially filled with water. The depth of the pits was that the boat sank in the mud, but also on foot to pass it was not possible. A few years ago, after the castle was opened to the public to solve the problem with the crossing. To preserve the history of this place and do not spoil the general view of the architects suggested a very original idea – bridge to drown in the water. The edge of the water is almost identical to the upper part of the bridge and makes it completely invisible from a distance. The unusual design was called “The Bridge of Moses.”
6. The famous staircase leading to the canyon, located near the big waterfall Pailon del Diablo (Ecuador). This is one of the major local attractions. So, if you ever want to visit this country, do not forget about this scenic descent into a thirty minute drive from Banos.
Incoming search terms:
- places in the us with lots of stairs
- stair of the world